Monday, June 8, 2009

Kosovo - US is the best!!

I have spent one night in the independent Kosovo. Its is a very poor place and I am sure that half the GDP is from international assistance - KFOR (Italian and French troops), OCSE, UN, UNHCR. There are blue and white Landcruisers everywhere and a massive compound next to my hotel.

I drove across Kosovo from the East (crazy local drivers), houses and construction sites were flying the Kosovo and US flags. I had a chat to a couple of US Journalism students, on an exchange program, the US is credited for Kosovo's independence, so if your American, you are loved here, probably the only place outside the US!

3 comments:

  1. hi ben spoke to nick and he said you were doing the trip. good luck and will definately keep checking up on your prgress i dont think my gsxr would last long with the terrain in kosovo.
    steve lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Benny,

    just did the find me thing on you page, really good. Sounds like your having a great time, don't eat too much good stuff or wine as we'll see you back at home as fat Benny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheeky comment about Anericans, Ben.

    ReplyDelete