Friday, June 12, 2009

Bulgaria - watch yourself

I was a little nervous about crossing the border into Bulgaria but all went smoothly and painless. I arrived in Sofia after 6 hours of riding, mid 30s, soaked under riding gear and can't wait for a shower.

I was determined to stay in a hostel to meet other travellers. After story upon story of organised crime in Bulgaria, I had to have secure parking, slowly over 3 hours I went from Hostel, 2 star, 3 star..... and then 5 star hotel. Everyone I met, receptionists, ex-London copper, locals in the street admiring my bike all said watch your bike, if its not nailed down it will go!!

The bike has its advantages but not yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I presume the 5 star hotel had secure parking then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben, Haven't seen a pic of the bike yet, you could be traveling by bus for all I know :)

    ReplyDelete