Monday, October 19, 2009

Express trip through Kyrgyzstan

I entered Kyrgyzstan on the far east from Kazakhstan near the China border. The border post was the easiest so far, two houses in the middle of a beautiful green valley at about 2000m.

I drove west to Bishek to meet friends but was pulled up for doing 61km/h in a 60 km/h zone. The fine started at 300 som until I pointed out the paperwork said 200 som. I ask for a receipt, was given my money back, told to move on and with the loud statement “Kyrgyz police are all good”.

After a few beers and catchup on each others travels, I quickly drove down towards Tajikistan. Kyrgyzstan is on the edge of the big mountains of the world and has beautiful mountains, upto 4500m, with green alpine slopes, which are stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment