Saturday, August 8, 2009

Great food and extra baggage....almost

I stopped in a small town underneath Mt Ararat for a quick bite to eat and I could have left with the waitress.

I had a tomato, eggplant and spicy lamb kebab with salad and it was fantastic. The salad had a spicy paste on the side which added great flavour to the kebab and salad. Everyone was super friendly and all were trying to speak English and tell Harry Kewell plays for Turkish league team, Galatasaray.

On leaving the restaurant this very large old lady told me through sign language and interpreters that I can have her daughter (see photo) and take her to Australia on the back of my bike and the waitress was jumping up and down saying, "Yes, I come to Australia". I politely said to both Mother and Daughter, Australia is so far away and it would not be fair to separate you both and I don't have any room on the bike.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new picture at the top, mate. Superb shot.

    I can't believe you turned her down. What an opportunity for you, Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benny, surely there's always room on the back of your bike for a beautiful local lass?!

    ReplyDelete