Sunday, August 16, 2009

Eastern Turkey

I have enjoyed travelling around Eastern Turkey, the huge mountains (many peaks over 4000 meters), forests and green rolling hills used for grazing by the nomads and the area has a focus on outdoor activities.

I am surprised the locals don't speak english (compared to western Turkey, Syria and Jordan) and do not appear too be interested in trying to talk with me but no matter where I go everyone loves the bike!! Alcohol is getting harder to find and many restaurants don't serve alcohol but I managed to have a beer most nights. I do recommend the Efes Dark beer, the other beers are pretty average.

I have met many europeans on holiday and a solo Englishman who is driving a 4x4 around the world for 3 years and we will be crossing paths several times. He is the only other person I have meet on a long overland trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment