Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lebanese Wine Tour

After Italy the next country that makes quality wine is Lebanon - and the last until home!! I had tried a few in London so thought I should spend some time winery touring, I visited the following:

Chateau Kefraya - beautiful vineyard and interesting blends, able to try all their wines.
Ksara Winery - waste of time - standard tourist tour and I recieved dirty looks for asking questions. Limited tasting.
Massaya Winery - interesting blends and value for money wine
Domaine Wardy - spent time tasting with the wine maker, Hiba. They produce blends and single varietal.
Chateau Musar - fantastic tour and discussion with the Head Wine maker, Takrek Sakr. Awesome wine and finished with a 1977 Chateau Musar.

The thing that amazed me is the amount of varietal blends that were between 60/40%. Different to the standard new and old world wines. With no decent wine since Italy, I realise just how much I love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment