Saturday, May 30, 2009

Goodbye Italy (for now)

It was hard leaving Italy, I have been there about 20 times over the last 6, love the food and wine. I was camping at €15 per night and spending upto €60 on wine and food per night - I can't spend the rest of the trip doing this but you only live once.


Visited the Vantini family winery in Valpolicella, excellent value wine... the Ripasso (30% Amarone and 70% Valpolicella) was great. I discussed the wine with one of the family wine makers and we tried all their reds ;-)


Last Italian wine region was the North East, Fruili. Its know for its cheap white fruity wines sold in London pubs. I found a great little town called Cividale de Fruili, beautiful old town with great Vinotecca's. I tasted many wines (I find it so hard to stop after one) and some really could Sauvignon's.

No comments:

Post a Comment