Tuesday, March 30, 2010

South India – a different world

On my Christmas break all warm clothes were left behind because now only hot days and warms nights were ahead of me. In northern India I was forced to wear all my clothes to stay warm, so I was excited to step off the train into warm weather. Bangalore is a modern city with footpaths, booze shops and wi-fi cafes…just what I like.

I drove south down the center of India through old British hill stations, tiger reserves, national parks and winding roads with little traffic, fantastic riding conditions. I was reminded how unfit, inflexible and a little fat I am after a few yoga classes and made the resolution to continue yoga for my duration in India, but a yoga classroom was never to be seen again. Instead I visited two western beach resorts, one in Kerala and one in Goa, where I swam for 30min every morning, explored the coastal towns and read my books, I was super chilled after this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment