Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A mate from home

For the last month I have been excited and looking forward to seeing Giselle in Kathmandu. The advantage of travelling by myself is that I can do and go where I want, when I want – a change will be good. We had two weeks in Nepal, the first few days to fix the bike. Giselle brought the tools to remove the rear suspension’s broken bolt, original suspension and new back tyre.

After a few days in Kathmandu, we decided on a 7 day trek in the Langtang National Park. The drive to the start of the trek is 120km and it took us 7 hours on the bike – bad roads, a great introduction of motorbike travelling for Giselle.

Giselle was nervous on the back of the scooter in London so I was interested to see how she would handle a bike 10 times bigger. Giselle handled the crazy Kathmandu traffic, extremely bad roads to Langtang and the dangerous bus and trucks with the ease of a biker chick – I encouraged her to get her bike licence.

Two days back in pollution and dust filled Kathmandu was too stressful so we went to a 12-century medi-evil town called Bhaktapur. We explored the town, drank beer and chilled reading the book ‘Three Cups of Tea’ – which many trekkers were reading.

It was great to have a mate visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment